Tuesday, September 23, 2008

tsk tsk tsk

Well, lets do a little recap on these past couple weeks shall we? Lets see, I started reading this really good book called The Witching Hour, its an Anne Rice book, so its gotta be good, right? My teachers have been practically drowning me in homework, and my Cello teacher got a new job, so i gotta find a new one :( but lets skip the rest, today was actually to some extent, interesting. In Amnesty we were working out our last attempts for Troy Davis, a convicted man that has been on Death Row for the past 15 years, and who's execution was set for 6:30 pm today, ( 7:30 His time in Georgia) but by the time we called, we got an automated message saying that nothing more could be done. So we left today with all hopes lost. But alas, THERE IS A GOD!!! http://www.amnestyusa.org/ Go here and click on Troy Davis. It was a last minute decision, but it feels like the world has been lifted off of me. He is not necessarily going to be let off of death row, but he is going to be getting a fair trial now, where they will hear his plea.

Anyways, I also got an unexpected, but well appreciated call from..... BRANDON!!! I haven't talked to him in ages! We had a nice conversation about how our lives have been since middle school.
Oliver is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO crabby today. hes been whining and crying since he got home. oh well.
Also, I think, no wait, I am sick sick sick. I think I have a cold or sinus infection or something, but my ears, nose, eyes and throat just hurt like CRAZY. I've been having to consume extreme amounts of cough drops and tea, just to be able to talk throughout the day.

Oh, yes, and I've been getting back on top of my writing, I have written tons of poems this past week and I'm finishing up that novel I've been working on. My goal is to eventually get it published. (ok so I know I may be dreaming a little big there, but better to dream big than to not dream at all, right?)

so, anyhoo, I better get started on all of that homework. XP ah well, school is just school.

1 comment:

Neautique Narcia said...

see?

I got the cold from my friend, and you got if from me!

KARMA!

... it's what you get for Sunday's "misfortunate talk".

muahaha...